Job offer opportunities
Information about employment, stages, Ph.D. positions and many other opportunities offered to and by AMPERE members.
Dear AMPERE Member,
in the “Job offer and opportunities” new section of AMPERE EUROPE website (https://www.ampereeurope.org/) you’ll find information about employment, stages, Ph.D. positions and many other opportunities offered to and by AMPERE members. Offers will be received also from non AMPERE members but it is important that they are related to MW and RF activities.
We are asking you to be active and help us to enrich this new section of our website.
On behalf of the Management Committee,
Prof. Cristina Leonelli
Delegate for website and President of AMPERE
President: Prof. Cristina Leonelli
Dept. of Materials & Environmental Engineering,
University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Via Vignolese 907, 41100 Modena – ITALY
Instructions for posting an offer
In order to post an offer you have to prepare the add in the form of :
1) a short title: as an example “SUPERWAVE needs a mechanical engineer” and
2) The short title will be linked to:
A) a .pdf announcement or
B) a link where the details are given
The information 1) and 2) should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in the object of the message: Add for Instructions for posting an offer Section.
Thank you for keeping AMPERE website active!
Advanced Composites/Microwave Project Leader Middlesbrough/Cambridge
TWI is a world expert in engineering, materials and joining technologies. We provide industry with advice and know-how in design, fabrication, failure analysis and prevention.
The Adhesives, Composites and Sealants (ACS) Section supports a global client base with world class expertise in the joining of thermoplastic and thermoset composites, microwave processing of composites and surface science and preparation.
The main focus of the role is to provide technical support in Advanced Processing Technologies of Composite Materials with Microwave Technology.
Main responsibilities include:
- Operation and processing of advanced composite technology for microwave and conventional oven cure: hand lay-up of prepregs, fibres and fabrics lay-up for resin infusion, vacuum bagging and preparation of tool prior to processing (cleaning and release).
- To generate and introduce innovative methods understanding and driving advanced composites technology automation and systems for direct customer application.
- To conduct composites material characterisation studies using thermal analysis and mechanical analysis equipment.
- To assist in the delivery of projects of a high technical quality maintaining excellent external and internal client satisfaction via personal interaction with your customers.
- Solving problems via innovative approaches:
- to agreed timescale and cost,
- involving appropriate technical, managerial and business colleagues and laboratory resources,
- with support from, and under the direction of senior staff.
- To assist senior staff in developing business, via cost estimate and proposal preparation, as agreed with your line manager and meeting the requirements of the customer.
- To develop your own specialist expertise and reputation, as agreed with your line manager, maintaining awareness of relevant technical advances and standards.
- To take responsibility for own health and safety and that of others in the workplace and to comply with TWI quality assurance, security, environment and data protection requirements.
Success in your application requires:
- An Engineering degree or equivalent
- Experience of using High-Frequency or Microwave Technologies
- Demonstrable knowledge of programming and automation of industrial systems
- Ability to become autonomously acquainted with new challenging technology topics
Experience in industrial automotive/aerospace manufacturing would be advantageous. The role will involve assisting in the delivery of collaborative development projects in composite materials and processes so some experience in this area is highly desirable.
With the ability to work on multi-disciplinary projects and relate to clients, you will have excellent skills in planning and delivery and be able to work both independently and as part of a team. An important part of this role will be to present ideas and technical information to clients and colleagues and it is therefore essential you have high quality report writing and communication skills.
This role provides exciting opportunities to be involved in and help the growth of TWI’s composite’s business which is fast growing and is backed up by a well-established and successful Research and Technology business.
The role is initially based in Middlesbrough but it is anticipated that it will relocate to Cambridge within the next 12 months. The role will involve some travel in the UK and overseas according to the demands of project work.
Apply by email enclosing your full CV, with a letter stating your current salary and eligibility to work in the UK, quoting reference: 127/13, to email@example.com no later than 14 March 2014.
Please quote the reference number in all correspondence.